Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Summer Fun" and "My Story"

It's nice to sit down and know that you have absolutely nothing to do ( Ok well nothing to important that can't wait for another day)...I have been without technology for the last four days, so over the weekend I've been busy landscaping a section of my backyard...(I love sitting back and admiring newly planted plants) and have hung up some picture frames (after much deliberation in where to put them hahaha). This weekend is nearly over and another mammoth work week ahead but.....the Easter break is nearly here (two weeks, let the counting down begin).

The following two layouts are from My Monday night Advanced Course....the girls were in fine form in these classes...whinged the entire time LOL (You know you girls Rock)...they like to be challenged with new techniques...so each layout here has 2 diffferent ways of making flowers...

My Dear S.I.L  on Holidays at Palm Cove (yes she is wearing a Bikini Top). I have used the 7 Gypsies "Venice Collection" and I have tried to use differnet textures to reflect parts of the Photo. I have used the 7G tape but with a twist, very carefully and slowly (because it's super sticky) I have pleated it into circles to form 2-3 layers for a flower, finishing it off with a large brad in the middle. The Chipboard letters were inked, stamped with script writing then finished off with Glossy accents and LOL nearly everything else is inked.
A Few Close-Up Photos


Using G.C.D Studios Papers, Tim Holtz Embellishments and a few other little touches, this is Me and a Layout of My Story so far (well a review of 2009).  Here I have made flowers out of Dress Making paper (I saw this technique on Julie Dudley's blog)...after the layers were adhered together, the edges were inked and  T.H stickles in Rust painted over parts of the flower. 
A Few Close-Up Pictures

3 comments:

Karen.C said...

Stunning as always Nicole.
Still eagerly awaiting for the G45 Announcent.Good Luck

Karen xo

Alyssa said...

Absolutly gorgeous :) so much beautiful details xx
Lys

Something Special said...

Yes, your layouts are so inspiring to me. I thank you for visiting my blogs, and commenting. It is a privilege for me to have you visit me. Your blog is super, and I just love the way you show things close up. Can I be like you when I grow up. Thanks again, I sure have loved finding new scrapbooking friends through blogging.