Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Butterfly and a Box for Cards

Here in Australia we are now nearly at the end of our first month of Autumn, meaning colder weather etc....NOT HERE, it's ridiculous, we are still getting 30 degree days...I'm over the hot weather....Bring on Winter. Ok with that of my chest, had a great (busy) weekend. Easter is thankfully a week away, and I'm so looking forward to the mini holiday...just have to get through the next four days.

My best friends daughter celebrated her 6th Birthday today, so in true Aussie style, BBQ, Pool fun and great company (with alot of laughs)...Oh and the food was deliciously endless. Each year I have made Alana a Little Mini Album, so this years was in the shape of a Butterfly, with photos that I took of her two weeks ago.

"Happy Birthday Gorgeous Girl" 

I have used Basic Greys "Nook and Pantry" range, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles, Prima Crystal Swirls and Flowers, as well as a range of different ribbons and laces.



Inside Pages of the Mini Album.




















With teaching twice a week my stash of scraps is increasing at a rapid pace. Recently I have gotten myself into the habit of making quick simple cards with my leftovers after I finish each project.. A little idea popped into my head....I covered this wooden stationary holder with a lovely range from "Delish", placed my cards and envelops within and took them to work...It's been great, all the cards are selling, each week I add more, I'm getting  cash for what I considered scraps, and I have more room in my Scrap Room. This picture is of the box filled with cards .















Here I have taken the picture without any cards so you can see the lovely papers and the liitle money box that I made ( the handle lifts up)...cute hey...Wooden swirls from Kaiser,Chipboard Letters inked then sprayed with Glimmer mist and a little sign post which I use to place the cost for the cards...all add up to a very useful Stationary Box.





















A few close-up Pictures.


I hope you have enjoyed my two Off the Page Projects, pop back in a couple of days as I will be sharing some layouts completed recently.

1 comment:

Scossie Jane said...

Just browsing through your blog and came across this great stationery box, what a great idea, I had thought of taking cards into work, and this idea has fuelled my resolve - a great idea and so beautifully done xx